Avalanche Snowboard/Ski Snow Shovels
Have a look at our ski & snowboard snow shovels, light weight, compact and folding. We have a huge choice in stock from Ortovox, Demon, BCA, Bakoda, Burton, Black Diamamond and Satena. Everything listed on our website is in stock and ready for immediate despatch. These snow shovels are not for digging your car out - although they would do the job! They are designed for avalanche rescue situations and building snowboard kickers, jumps and ramps!
Alternatively, select all the filters you want, then hit the 'Apply Filters' button.
Select a brand and a menu of available models will appear beneath this brand list, enabling you to further refine your search. If you select more than one brand, the models from both brands will be listed in alphabetic order.
- Black Diamond
Black Diamond have been making top end gear for climbing, hiking and skiing since 1957, and today they continue to lead the way with their huge line of quality driven products.
Aluminium is strong and lightweight making it an ideal material for cutting through snow and ice quickly and efficiently. Aluminium shovel blades can come in a variety of grades which determines the alloy composition. Most avalanche equipment uses aluminium alloys containing magnesium, silicon or zinc. Aluminium shovels tend to be more expensive than polycarbonate shovels.
Static shafts come with a fixed length and are more popular with weight concious users or those who only need an occasional shovel.
These shovels come with a height adjustable shaft which improves shovelling efficiency allowing you to get more leverage on the snow. The longer the shovel handle, the more efficient your shovelling should be.
T-grip handles are small and lightweight and as the name suggests are shaped like the letter T. These are the most popular handle types found on avalanche safety shovels.
D-Grip handles resemble those found on tradiaitional garden shovels and as the name suggests are shaped like the letter D. D-Grip handles give you maximum grip and leverage when shovelling larger volumes of snow. Less shovelling motions means less energy wasted during a rescue.
Most snow shovels fit into this weight category and offer a good mix of weight and strength. These shovels often feature a mix of aluminium and polycarbonate to give the best strength to weight ratios.
Heavier shovels tend to be used by more hardcore backcountry riders who need power and performance from their equipment. Heavier shovels often include additional features such as snow saws built into the handle.
- Pick/Hoe Function
These shovels feature blades which can be rotated or attached to the grip end of the handle to create a pick or chop option for rapid snow movement.
- Snow Saw
These shovels come with a snow or wood saw included, usually integrated into the shovels handle.
- Ice Axe
These shovels include an ice axe or function to change the shovel into an ice axe using the shaft as a handle.
- Snow Anchor
These shovels can be used as a snow anchor allowing you to safely descend gnarly terrain in tight situations. Also known as a deadman, snow anchors are dug into the snow to secure a rope or line to.
- Rescue Sled
These shovels can be converted into a rescue sled to quickly get injured riders off the mountain. Shovel blades will usually have strategically placed holes which allow you to lash them together to create a sled.
- Folding Handle
These shovels come with a folding function where the handle folds into the blade giving a more compact shovel for storage and allowing for lightning fast deployment in an emergency.
Customers Also Bought
- Mammut Probe 320 Fast Lock Avalanche Safety Probe £50.96
- Leatherman Brewzer LTX1 Pocket Tool £7.95
- Grivel Ares Climbing Harness £59.95
- Mammut Pulse Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver Beacon £269.95
- Mammut Carbon 280 Fast Lock Avalanche Safety Probe £55.95
- Leatherman Piranha 2 LTX2 Ski & Snowboard Tool £17.95
- BCA Ruler Snow Study Equipment £34.95
- BCA Tracker 2 Avalanche Transceiver Beacon £199.95
- Ortovox Carbon Pro Extension Tube Avalanche Safety Probe £13.27
- Light My Fire Fire Lighting Kit Waterproof Fire Starter £15.95
- BCA Snow Study Avalanche Kit £94.95
- Ortovox S1+ Plus Avalanche Transceiver Beacon £260.95
- Mammut Probe 280 Fast Lock Avalanche Safety Probe £46.75
- Leatherman Wingman Multi Tool £41.95
- Black Diamond Couloir Ski & Mountaineering Harness £49.95
- Ortovox Zoom + Avalanche Transceiver Beacon £152.45
- Ortovox 320+ PFA Avalanche Safety Probe £55.21
- Leatherman Juice SX Pocket Multi-Tool £66.95
- Ortovox 240 HD PFA Avalanche Safety Probe £46.71
- Gerber Greenhorn Mid Size Multi-Tool £26.95
- Ortovox 240+ Carbon Pro PFA Avalanche Safety Probe £67.96
- Light My Fire Swedish FireSteel 2.0 Scout Waterproof Fire Start £8.95
- Ortovox 320+ Steel Pro PFA Avalanche Safety Probe £59.47
- Leatherman Skeletool RX LT87 Multi Tool £100.95
- Ortovox 200 Economic Avalanche Safety Probe £29.71
- Leatherman Rebar Multi Tool £79.95
- Ortovox 240 Light PFA Avalanche Safety Probe £42.95
- Gerber Paraframe 1 Clip Folding Knife Serrated £24.95
- Mammut Probe 200 Avalanche Safety Probe £29.71
- Leatherman Jam LTX9 Skateboarding Pocket Tool £13.95
All content copyright © The Boarding Company Limited, 2004 - 2017