The Link Series is Black Diamond's dedicated ski touring range - These are 'Ski Only' and don't come with bindings
Designed for long hut to hut tours and classic Alpine traverses, the 2017 Link 90 is a lightweight and narrow waisted touring ski from Black Diamond.
The 90mm waist is aimed at splitting your time evenly between soft and hard snow, and with the most amount of camber of any ski in the Black Diamond range the Link 90 is as stable as they come- with just enough tip rocker to make for easy gliding and improved performance on the downhill. A full wood paulownia core gives a natural and predictable feel to the ski while keeping the weight extremely low at under 3kg per pair. For descent sections, Fibreglass weave adds to the torsional rigidity for strong edge hold.
One of the best features of the Link series is the Sidewall damping system, where rubber inserts are laid into the sidewall just behind the skis contact point. These inserts absorb shock into the ski and eliminate a lot of the chatter that you would expect in choppy conditions from such a light ski. This leaves you with the ride quality of a freeride ski without the stiffness of metal laminates.
Stainless steel tail protectors and skin notches make the application and removal of climbing skins as convenient as possible to complete the construction.
This is the ultimate lightweight long distance touring ski from Black Diamond.
- Pre-preg Fibreglass- Increased torsional stiffness without added weight
- Sidewall Damping System- Rubber layers along the sidewall absorb shock and reduce chatter in firm conditions
- Ultralight Paulownia Wood Core - A lightweight and durable core for the best of uphill and downhill
- Stacked Sidewalls - Improved power transmission to the ski's edge
- Stainless Steel Tail Protector & Skin Clip- Durability and quick transitions