Product ID: 218314
If you’re looking for the perfect climbing helmet, there are three things you should always ask yourself. Is it light? Is it comfortable and well-fitting? And does it provide reliable protection from head impacts and falling rocks? If the answer is ‘yes,’ then you must be talking about the Salathe helmet from Edelrid! This incredible helmet is the ultimate featherweight champion, weighing only 200g, the Salathe is one of the lightest helmets on the market!
The explanation as to why the Salathe from Edelrid is so light is due to its ultra-light hybrid construction. The outer shell is made from an expanded polypropylene, which is commonly known for its impact absorbing qualities as well as having an extremely high level of shock resistance and dimensional stability.
The upper part of the Salathe features a hard shell in case of rock fall. This robust and lightweight upper has been constructed using ABS to provide even greater protection against falling rocks and debris. The ergonomic shape of the Salathe fits firmly on the head without being too noticeable. The shape is also head-encompassing, meaning there’s no way this incredible helmet will slip around as you move. Whilst being both comfortable and lightweight, the Salathe design also offers optimum side, front and rear impact protection.
To ensure ultimate wear comfort, Edelrid have manufactured the Salathe with large air vents to ensure optimal ventilation on hot climbing days. The featured padding prevents unwanted pressure points and absorbs perspiration as you go on. This padding can also be removed easily for washing and ALL Salathe helmets come with spare padding as standard!
The strap adjustment system featured on the Salathe is minimalist, yet ensured the helmet stays securely on the head, whilst maintaining reduced weigh and volume, keeping it to a minimum. All types of headlamps can be quickly and easily attached to the helmet with two clips on the front and elastic at the back. Pretty handy!
Just as Edelrid say, ‘play it safe.’ With the Salathe, you’re guaranteed maximum safety as well as comfort!
- Fully adjustable chin strap with closure system under the ear for greater comfort
- Ergonomically-shaped interior with removable, washable padding (additional padding included)
- Ultra-light EPP core (expanded polypropylene) for outstanding shock absorption and high dimensional stability
- Robust hard shell in the upper and front area for additional protection, e.g. in the case of rockfall
- Easily adjustable harness straps for a secure fit, minimal pack size, and excellent ventilation
- Headlamp attachment with 2 clips at the front and an elastic strap at the back
- Large vents ensure a constant supply of fresh air and heat dissipation