Brand Colour:Blue Deck, Blue/Black Base
Product ID: 219705
Formerly named the Explorer, the 2020 Jones Frontier snowboard is a directional freeride board designed to be the perfect daily driver for the playful all-mountain shredder. Featuring a floaty, freeride nose matched with a freestyle tail, the Frontier is ideal for pow days, park days and every day in between.
With a sintered 7000 base the Frontier boasts a super fast base that compliments the edge hold and performance the Traction Tech magnetraction offers up. Even in the iciest of conditions the additional points of contact give you unrivalled grip for high speed confidence and control.
The 2020 Frontier has been fitted with Jones Spoon 1.0 3D Base Contour technology. This tech has been designed to smooth out your edge-to-edge transfers, making your turn initial feel more like that of a smooth surfboard. Spoon Tech improves your board in three main areas: Glide, Flow and Float.
"I've been on a quest to design a snowboard that has the glide and edge-to-edge fluidity of a surfboard for years. Our new Spoon base contours finally cracked the code on how to achieve this next level of board performance." Jeremy Jones.
Jones have used their classic core in combination with biaxial fibreglass, giving the Frontier a responsive ride that's still fun and forgiving with plenty of pop. This construction also makes the board incredibly durable and built to last so you can invest in this deck knowing it's going to last.
The Frontier’s Directional shape, Directional Rocker profile and progressive sidecut makes the board smooth, predictable and responsive when carving on the piste or putting in huge turns in powder.
The 2020 model has also been upgraded with Super Sap Bio-Resin. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes to keep waste to an absolute minimum. Recycled Rebound ABS sidewalls have also been fitted as standard.
The Frontier offers high performance without skimping on materials as it’s built with a Sintered 7000 base, an Eco-plastic topsheet and a new FSC Classic Core that is specially profiled between the feet for added pop.
The Frontier is aimed at adventurous riders looking to invest in a versatile and exciting snowboard that can ride everything the mountain has to offer.
- FSC Classic Core - Triple-density full wood core with additional hardwood beech stringers along the edges for significantly enhanced durability, increased pop and protection from edge impacts
- Progressive sidecut - Radius incrementally increases by the contact points for smooth turn initiation
- 3D Base Contour 1.0 - Subtle yet effective 3D Contour Base featuring an even balance of 2mm spoon bevel in the nose and 2mm spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts just after the rocker point
- Sintered 7000 Base - Lightening fast base that's super durable and infused with carbon to ensure the board glides further and accelerates faster than everyone else
- Biaxial Fibreglass Layup - 2 layers of stitched fibreglass running in 2 directions provides a fun and forgiving ride with a nice snap to the board
- Traction Tech 2.0 Magnetraction - Improving edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the edge of your board for grip in even the iciest conditions
- Eco-plastic topsheet - Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Recycled Black ABS Sidewalls - one of the least environmentally friendly process in snowboard construction, Jones endeavour to improve the sustainability of their snowboards without any loss in quality or strength, just less damage to our planet
- Oversized Recycled Steel Edges - All Jones boards feature these improved edges for added durability and overall impact resistance
- Super Sap Bio Resin - All Jones boards are now built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy
- Blunt Nose - Reduces swing weight to improve turning and rotations whilst reducing drag in deep snow
- Factory Tuned - All Jones boards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail and waxed with Oneballjay Bio wax so you can start riding your new board straight away from the moment it arrives
- Flip Flop Base - Base colours alternate to reduce waste