Product ID: 215658
The Mammut Wall Rider Helmet MIPS is the ultimate minimalist helmet that is ultra lightweight with incredible levels protection. To achieve a weight of just over 200 grams, the Wall Rider is constructed from a combination of Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) with a reinforced hardshell for maximum security.
The Wall Rider MIPS is the worlds very first climbing helmet to feature groundbreaking MIPS technology. MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact protection System and is a low-friction "slip plane" layer inside the helmet which is designed to reduce rotational shock forces that can result from certain impacts When the helmet is subjected to an angled impact, the low friction layer allows the helmet to slide relative to the head, meaning that the rotational forces and energies acting on the head are redirected and absorbed rather than being transferred to the head. Think of it almost like suspension for your noggin, which reduces the risk of concussion and brain injury.
The helmet features generous ventilation ports which will be welcome when the crux comes around, you will be able to remain cool headed when it matters. Two front clips and a back elastic will hold down a headlamp comfortably for dawn patrols and evening descents. A well rigged minimalist adjustment head and chin strap allow for perfect size customisation whilst padding on the inside will ensure all day comfort.
The Wall Rider is Mammut's lightweight hybrid masterpiece with the positive characteristics of a shock absorbent EPP layer plus a hardshell making it a robust all-rounder. Ideal for mixed and iceclimbing, multipitches, sport climbing, classical alpinism and via ferrata.
- MIPS impact protection for maximum safety and reliable protection from rock impact and falls
- EPP core combined with a partial Hard Shell
- Ergonomic interior with comfortable padding
- Large ventilation openings for good air circulation and heat discharge
- Ultra-lightweight, minimalist adjustment system
- 2 clips at the front and a rubber loop on reverse side for fixing a headlamp
- All-round, fully adjustable chin strap for ideal fit
- Standard EN 12492, UIAA standard 106
- Size: S/M - 52 - 57cm