Brand Colour: Matte Black
Product ID: 130945
Part of Oakley's premium MIPS collection, the MOD 5 MIPS Ski/Snowboard Helmet has been meticulously designed to offer unparalleled goggle integration and all-round protection. New to the helmet market, Oakley have invested time into constructing a helmet with exceptional fit and performance, twinned with their successful goggle range.
Packed with performance-enhancing features, the MOD 5 is Oakley's highest spec design, offering unbeatable comfort, necessary protection and reduced weight through a dual construction hybrid shell. Oakley's Modular Brim System features two brim sizes to ensure the perfect fit, regardless of the goggle combination.
A fully integrated goggle/helmet system guarantees efficient venting and heat management. With perfectly aligned brim vents, the MOD 5 aids cooling, allowing heat to escape from the goggles. This in turn reduces fogging, improving clarity of vision with additional exhaust ports/adjustable vents at the back of the helmet.
Through a Boa 270 system at the rear, a fully customisable fit is possible; the helmet can be tightened around the head for an individual and comfort fit, ensuring central alignment for performance. A Fidlock buckle on the chin strap means that the helmet can be easily clipped in or undone with one hand, even when wearing gloves.
Ensuring breathability and freshness, the MOD 5's liner is removable, to wash or to replace with a beanie. Comfort is reinforced through Oakley's No-Pressure ear cups which eradicate discomfort to the ears, a common problem amongst helmet designs.
Equipped with innovative MIPS technology, the helmet reduces the rotational forces exerted on the brain during a collision and offers superior protection to prevent injury from angled impacts. For a ski/snowboard helmet that provides optimum integration with goggles, excellent ventilation and supreme protective support, the Oakley Mod 5 MIPS is the ideal choice.
- Modular Brim System (MBS) - Two brim sizes included, small and large, to guarantee a perfect fit with almost any goggle!
- ABS Thermoplastic Shell - Provides extreme impact resistance and strength
- In-Mould EPS Shell - EPS shell helmet structure providing impact protection
- Twin Shell Ventilation - The lower and upper shells have built in channels which direct airflow for maximum comfort in all conditions
- No-Pressure Ear Cups - Ear cups designed to reduce pressure on ears, increase comfort and hearing
- Boa 270 Fit System - Boa system at the rear to keep the helmet centred on the head to optimise comfort and performance
- MIPS Technology - Multi-directional Impact protection system. The helmet's outer layer can slide relative to the head, absorbing and distributing more rotational energy. MIPS technology offers excellent injury prevention
- Construction:Hybrid Shell - Part In-Mould EPS, Part ABS
- Fit: Custom Dial Fit
- Ventilation: Brim vents, adjustable shell vents and heat exhaust ports
- Lining: Removable and Washable
- Ear Pads: Removable Ear Pads
- Audio:Not included
- Goggle Compatibility: Perfectly compatible with all Oakley goggles and most other brands worn over or under the helmet
- Certification:CE 1077 and ASTM F2040 safety standards