Product ID: 150176
D13A G 3342540106536
Petzl’s GriGri + belay device can be used by all climbers for both indoor and outdoor climbing. The GriGri + can be used with all single ropes, optimised for 8.9 to 10.5mm, and is designed and suited for intensive use.
With a reduction handle offering exceptional descent control and two usage modes to choose from: top-rope belay or lead belay, with the top-rope belay mode and an anti-panic handle making for a more comfortable belay, the GriGri + is brilliantly suitable for learning.
The hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems, using both hands on the rope, and a fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope. There are diagrams for rope installation engraved on the belay device on both the interior and exterior, making it great for learners and ensuring your belay device is always set up correctly.
The stainless steel wear plate allows for a super durable belay device, which makes it great for learning and for intensive use by all climbers, and during descent, exceptional comfort is provided by the very controlled progression of the rope feed.
The GriGri + is particularly suitable for learning, due to several features, including the option of locking the belay mode. The anti-panic handle is a great feature for learners: if the climber pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function brakes and stops the descent. A selection knob provides for a choice of belay mode: top-rope or lead, where the top-rope belay mode facilitates taking up slack and makes for a more comfortable belay.
At only 200g this belay device is a great addition to your kit, whether you’re a learner or a seasoned pro looking for a versatile and durable belay device.
- Belay device with assisted braking for indoors and outdoors, designed for all climbers
- Hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope.
- A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope
- Can be used with all single ropes, and optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Great durability, for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate
- Exceptional comfort during the descent, thanks to the very controlled progression of the rope feed
- Particularly suitable for learning
- Anti-panic handle: if the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function brakes and stops the descent
- Choice of belay mode, top-rope or lead, thanks to the selection knob: top-rope belay mode facilitates taking up slack and makes for a more comfortable belay
- Option of locking the belay mode
- Weight: 200g
- Rope compatibility: single ropes (optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters)
- Materials: aluminium side plates, stainless steel friction plate and wear plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certifications: CE EN 15151, UIAA
- Packaged Dimensions: 13cm x 13cm x 5cm