Product ID: 194179
The new for 2020 Salomon S/Max ski boot range is about as close you can get to the performance of an elite FIS race ski boot. Fortunately, the S/Max is designed to give a racing adrenaline feel whilst being comfortable enough to ski all day. This model is in a performance 98mm last and a firm flex of 120 for advanced and expert skiers.
Much like Salomon’s previous popular X Max range, the S/Max boots are built for speed. If you’re looking for high energy carving performance then these ski boots will keep you smiling.
Salomon has built these boots to be both strong and light. Race inspired ski boots are often heavy, this stems from the need to ensure rigidity throughout the boot. Salomon has avoided this weight by creating their Core-Frame reinforcement which stiffens the midfoot. As this key area is strengthened, Salomon has been able to shave weight throughout the rest of the shell.
The shell of the S/Max 120 ski boots is made from Salomon’s Custom Shell HD material which can be reliably customised during the heat fitting process to comfortably accommodate the wearer’s feet. This is especially helpful for those that want a performance narrow fit but have slightly wider feet, as the shell can be expanded in key areas to prevent pressure points.
Another new feature Salomon has introduced with the S/Max range is the Sense Amplifier Cuff. This is a cuff shape designed to provide more rebound and control throughout the flex. This helps to give better feedback so you can accurately assess the turn beneath your feet.
Due to the race inspired performance and the stiff 120 flex, these boots are most suitable for strong advanced and expert skiers who favour fast athletic turns on groomed snow.
- Core Frame Construction - A reinforcement that runs under the midfoot keeps the shell rigid so that weight can be reduced elsewhere. The result is stiffness where it needed to control the ski, but a lightweight boot overall
- Seamless Liner - Pre-shaped and seamless for instant comfort straight out the box
- Custom Shell HD - Quick and east to heat mould to the wearers feet
- Sense Amplifier Cuff - Quick response and a great on snow feel
- Micro Adjusting 3D buckles - Get the best fit and closure with micro-adjustable buckles
- 45mm Strap - Creates a firm cuff closure for maximum power transfer
- Binding Compatibility - Compatible with all standard alpine bindings under ISO 5355 and bindings marked as MNC (Multi-norm compatible)
- Flex: 120 - Stiff
- Last Width: 98 mm
- Liner: Seamless Semi Custom Liner
- Shell: PU Customisable Shell
- Walk Mode: No
- Mountain Profile: Piste Performance
- Condition: Brand New