About the Bach WickiUp 4
The WickiUp 4 tent from Bach (formerly Nigor) gives you an incredibly lightweight tipi shelter for increased living comfort and wind stability.
The ultralight design features a packed weight of approx. 2.6kg with a 49 x 14cm packed size that easily attaches to a bike pannier or backpack for fast-moving outdoor adventures.
Built for 3-season excursions, the WickiUp uses a strong, single pole architecture with one TRX Eco-Duralumin centre pole. This reduces pack weight and delivers extreme stability in bad weather when combined with the pyramid shape.
The WickiUp pitches inner-first with a versatile design that can stand alone for use in good weather. By using the additional footprint (sold separately) you can also pitch the fly without the inner for a minimalist 'fast fly' camping experience where conditions allow. The full-size cabin can also be switched out with a half-size cabin (sold separately) to create a vestibule for storage and meal prep.
Inside, there's room enough for four persons with single door access and 3 vents in the roof for airflow and moisture management. A front vestibule offers added space for gear storage and muddy footwear.
Built for fast-and-light camping, the WickiUp features GorLyn 20 siliconised ripstop fabric. This has been specially constructed for Bach's lightweight trekking range and uses high-tenacity nylon 6.6, with a yarn thickness of 20 denier which has a higher tensile strength than comparable shelter materials.
The WickiUp 3 features a pure silicone waterproofing with 2 base coatings in the backside and 1 coating on the front to provide storm level waterproofing to 3000mm HH (see below for further benefits of Gorlyn fabrics).
With its high wind stability, generous living space, and trail-friendly design, the WickiUp 4 is crafted for outdoor enthusiasts looking for quality and comfort without compromise against changing weather conditions. The low weight means it's even a great tent for two trekkers looking for extra space over longer trips.
Benefits of Gorlyn Fabrics:
- Better weathering properties; better sunlight resistance
- Much higher tear strength depending on the yarn weight (ISO 13937-4)
- More compact molecular structure
- Higher melting point (256 C)
- Superior colourfastness
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- High resistance to insects, fungi, animals, as well as moulds, mildew, rot and many chemicals
- Melts instead of burning
Bach tents were formerly known under the Nigor brand and retain their original design and exceptional quality of workmanship. Rest assured your Bach tent will continue to deliver the same standard of care and attention to detail to give you the ultimate in outdoor performance
- Single door, 4-person ultralight backpacking shelter
- Vestibule area for added gear storage
- Tipi style design with one TRX Eco-Duralumin center pole
- Adjustable TRX Eco-Duralumin aluminum center pole features Green Anodizing process
- Constructed from Gorlyn 20 fabric using high-tenacity nylon 6.6 for higher tensile strength
- Shape delivers extreme stability in bad weather conditions
- Pole section length is 40cm
- Two hooded vents at the peak for ventilation
- Rainfly pitches alone as independent shelter
- Inner canopy can be used without rainfly as a standalone bug shelter
- Protective footprint available (sold separately)
- Inner cabin available (sold separately)
- Use: 3-Season | Trekking | Backpacking | Camping
- Sleeps: Four
- Vestibules: One
- Doors: One
- Vents: Two
- Floor Size: 290 x 280 cm
- Head Height: 174 cm | 68.5"
- Packed Weight: 2.6 kg | 5 lbs 11 oz
- Minimum Weight: 2.4 kg | 5 lbs 4 oz
- Poles: Adjustable TRX Eco-Duralumin Aluminium pole
- Pegs: 14 x twisted Y-peg 16cm
- Packed Size: 49 x 14 cm | 19" x 5.5"
- Rainfly: GorLyn 20 Ultra Lite 20D siliconized ripstop 6.6 Nylon min. 3000mm
- Inner Fabric: 15D Breathable Ripstop Nylon
- Floor Fabric: 40D Ripstop Nylon with min. 10.000mm TPU laminate Fire Retardant