Tiger Wall UL2 SD Ultralight Backpacking Tent
This product is currently unavailable
About the Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL2 SD
The Tiger Wall UL 2 Solution Dye gives you the lightest 2-door, dual vestibule backpacking tent from Big Agnes. Now made with Solution-dyed fabric for a more sustainable design.
This ultralight tent weighs just 1.13 kg with a compact pack size for fast-moving 3-season adventures. The freestanding design pitches inner first using high-quality DAC Featherlite hubbed pole architecture. The inner can be used as a standalone shelter in dry weather. The fly can be pitched with the additional footprint (sold separately) for a minimalist 'Fast Fly' camping experience where conditions allow.
Inside, there's room for two with a door on either side for hassle-free access and vestibules for added gear storage. Inner pockets and hang tabs help organise belongings with an oversized ceiling pocket to hold lighting and keep water bottles close to hand while media pockets feature cord-routing for electronics. A low vent feature on vestibule doors aids airflow for moisture management.
The updated Tiger Wall UL SD features solution-dyed fabrics that improve the quality of the tent fabric to deliver greater UV resistance while drastically reducing energy consumption and water usage at the point of production for a cleaner, greener design. Seams are taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape while both flysheet and floor feature a silicone-treated nylon ripstop with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating for premium wet weather protection.
The improved design also features TipLok corner buckles rolling 3 functions into a single mechanism. TipLok includes a secure pole tip capture, rainfly buckle attachment and tensioner, and stakeout loop - all in one handy design. Also included are the lighter, yet stronger Dirt Dagger UL tent stakes with I-Beam aluminium construction and the 3-D bin ‘mezzanine’ at the foot providing elevated storage keeping floor space free from clutter.
The Tiger Wall UL 2 Solution Dye tent is a travel-friendly tent built for backpackers, campers and trekkers looking to keep the pack weight low while not compromising on comfort or protection against changing weather conditions. The low weight means this is a great tent even for solo trekkers looking for extra space on longer trips.
What is Solution Dye?
Big Agnes is the first to introduce solution-dyed fabrics to their equipment category. Solution-dyed fabrics have colour pigments added at the initial stage of production rather than being 'washed-in' post-production. This creates a far more sustainable and eco-friendly friendly process with the following benefits:
- Reduction of water consumption by 50%
- Reduction of energy required for reduced carbon emissions
- 80% less chemicals are used for a cleaner, safer dyeing and finishing process
- Improved quality of fabric with greater resistance to UV fade
- Solution-dyed fabric is highly resistant to UV fade & reduces energy consumption & water use during manufacture
- Minimalist pole structure delivers Big Agnes' lightest two door backpacking tent
- Dual entrances & vestibules with storm flaps on vestibule zippers
- New lighter, stronger Dirt Dagger UL Tent Stakes with patent pending I-Beam construction
- Waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane taped seams (No PVC or VOCs)
- Proprietary tent corner construction with unique TipLok Tent Buckle™
- 3-D bin ‘mezzanine’ at the foot provides elevated storage
- Oversized ceiling pocket at the head provides additional storage
- Dry entry door design keeps tent interior dry as you enter & exit
- DAC poles create a sturdy structure that is light & spacious
- Single pole architecture for efficient set up & take down
- Dual zipper doors are smooth closing with a discrete seam design for clean, modern aesthetic
- Structured foot-end corners create more usable space between your feet & tent wall
- Media pockets above sleeping area enable clean ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices
- Low Vent feature on vestibule doors for fresh air flow while still providing vestibule coverage
- Double sliders on vestibule zippers allow for venting from the top or bottom
- Ready to pitch; with pre-cut guy lines & tensioners attached to fly
- Reflective guylines & colour-coded webbing on tent corners
- Easy grip zipper pulls
- Protective footprint available (sold separately)
- Use: 3-season | Trekking | Backpacking | Camping
- Sleeps: Two
- Vestibules: Two
- Doors: Two
- Floor Area: 28sq ft | 2.6m²
- Vestibule Area: 2 x 8 sq ft | 2 x 0.7 m²
- Packed Weight: 1.13 kg | 2lb 8oz
- Trail Weight: 992g | 2lb 3oz
- Fast Fly Weight: 765g | 1lb 11 oz
- Poles: DAC Featherlite NFL pole system
- Pegs: 9 x 6" Dirt Dagger™ UL Stakes
- Head Height: 99 cm | 39"
- Packed Size: 14 x 46 cm | 5.5" x 18"
- Rainfly: Solution-dyed water-repellent silicone treated nylon ripstop, 1200mm water-resistant PU coating
- Inner: Solution-dyed nylon ripstop breathable & polyester mesh
- Floor Fabric: Solution-dyed water-repellent silicone treated nylon ripstop, 1200mm water-resistant PU coating