About the Black Diamond Mission 55
The Mission Backpack series is Black Diamond’s toughest alpine pack yet that thrives on its simplicity. The Mission will cater for your gear from equipment-intensive multi-day winter cragging to weekend summer camping trips and also comes in a choice of sizes.
The Mission is perfect for activities where you need to carry large loads but remain agile, such as ski touring and mountaineering. Thanks to its award-winning reACTIV suspension system in the hipbelts and SwingArm shoulder straps, the bag moves with the motion of your body so you can remain naturally poised and propel yourself forward in longer strides. The suspension system also eliminates friction and hot spots and improves load transfer, making the weight on your back feel significantly lighter.
You’ll be surprised at how much you can pack down inside your Black Diamond Mission Backpack and its range of storage and accessibility features. There’s a top-loading lid and drawcord skirt closure for better protection from the elements, and a full-length side zipper makes dumping your stuff out at the base of a route easy. In addition, there are PickPockets for your ice tools, a front pouch for your crampons, and a tuck-away rope strap.
The Mission from Black Diamond is a backpack that is ready for anything the mountain will throw at it.
- Volume: 50L (Small/Medium)
- Average stock weight: 1.8kg
- Materials: BD “X-rip” 420d Nylon body fabric with UTS™ coating
- Welded front abrasion patch for improved protection against rock, ice and crampon spikes.
- New custom metal dogbone ice tool attachment with micro ice-tool PickPockets™ and removable 20 mm crampon straps
- Top-loading, with removable lid, drawcord skirt closure and tuck-away rope strap
- Strippable design: removable frame sheet / bivy pad and removable hipbelt with fixed webbing belt
- Redesigned Shoulder Strap harness for improved comfort and durability
- Moisture-wicking redesigned back-panel