About the Black Diamond Speed Zip
The Speed Zip takes all the best features of Black Diamond's lightweight classic Speed pack and adds a zippered clamshell top to the equation. The Speed Zip has all the qualities of a technical top-loading backpack for all-round performance on rock, ice and snow routes, as well as the characteristics of a sporty and streamlined pack.
Thanks to a strippable design, the Speed Zip can be altered down by an impressive 400 grams by removing the waistbelt, lid, framesheet, and crampon straps - a handy feature for shorter or less demanding excursions where fewer gear and more mobility is required.
You’ll be surprised at how much you can pack down inside your Black Diamond Speed Zip Backpack and its range of storage and accessibility features. There’s a top-loading lid and drawcord skirt closure for preventing snow from sneaking in. In addition, there are PickPockets for your ice tools, snag-free straps for your crampons, and a tuck-away rope strap.
The combination of foam pad and frame sheet means the pack will be comfortable carrying heavy loads and the framesheet can be removed and doubled as a bivy pad. A thermoformed back panel adds even more comfort during the carry, whilst the bag is compatible with hydration systems for high-alpine routes. In addition, the bag accommodates a helmet via a Tuck-away carrier.
- Closure: Zippered clamshell top
- Lightweight Design: Comfortable on the approach and streamlined on the route
- Top Loading & Drawcord Skirt Closure: The pack opens at the top for easy access
- Fully Strippable Design: Removable waistbelt, lid and framesheet
- Storage: Ice tool PickPockets, front crampon pouch and a tuck-away rope strap
- Redesigned shoulder straps & Thermoformed Back Panel: Maintains comfort when carrying heavy loads over demanding routes
- Hydration System Compatible: Yes
- Volume: 31L/33L (depending on model selected)
- Average stock weight: 1.20 kg
- Materials: 210d ripstop main, 420d abrasion