As the days grow shorter and the chill of winter fills the air, it's that time of year to think warm and waterproof when venturing onto the hiking trails. Whether it’s a quick once around the local loop or a day hike in the hills, keeping warm and dry—and staying that way—is key when heading outdoors during the colder months. We’ve handpicked a selection of the best outdoor winter clothing and accessories for keeping you warm, safe, and organised when hiking during the winter season.
• Zoned baffle construction for optimum warmth
• Soft & packable design
• Insulation: 700 fill power down with Nikwax water-resistant finish
• Shell: Recycled 30D nylon Pertex Quantum with DWR
• Lining: Recycled 20D nylon
• Adjustable hood with stiffened peak
• Elasticated cuff & drawcord hem
• YKK zipped hand pockets & large zipped chest pocket
• GRS Certified recycled down fill
• Lightweight waterproof raincoat
• 40D nylon ripstop with PERTEX® SHIELD & Dry Touch backer
• Waterproofing: 20,000mm HH
• Breathability: 18,000g/ m2/24hrs
• Full length YKK front zip with internal storm flap
• Adjustable hood with wired peak
• Adjustable cuff & drawcord hem
• Ladies' waterproof overtrousers
• PERTEX Shield 10,000mm HH waterproof / breathable 6000 g/m2
• Active fit with articulated knee design
• Elasticated waist with lockable drawcord
• 1/4 length YKK lower side zips
• Hook & loop calf tabs for a streamlined design
• Highly packable with integrated stuff-sack
• 100% carbon fiber shaft
• Soft-touch grip top with 100% natural cork grip & EVA foam grip extension
•Optimized joint support & stiffness for increased durability
• Fusion comfort strap for premium support
• 4 season flex tips
• 60mm Alpine Z-Pole & 100mm Compactor Powder baskets included
• Z-pole fixed length construction with speed-cone deployment
• Compact pack size
Stay hydrated when hiking with this high-quality water reservoir with hose. The Platypus Hoser features embedded silver-ion to protect the inside from mold and bacteria for a fresh taste every time. Available in 1L, 1.8L, 2L & 3L volumes to suit trips of any length.
The Silva Starter 1-2-3 gives you a compact and practical compass for beginners and experienced outdoor enthusiasts alike. The clear baseplate makes it easy to read a map placed beneath and plot a course. A must-have piece of kit for anyone looking to venture off the beaten path.
The four-season Thermal Survival Bag from Lifesystems is compact and lightweight with a waterproof/windproof design that reflects and retains over 90% of body heat. Great to have at the bottom of the pack when heading out into changing weather conditions.
The PowerTraveller Merlin 15 is compact power bank with a 3350mAh battery built for recharging smartphones and electronic devices on the go. The versatile design features a 100-lumen torch with SOS settings for emergency signalling. Perfect for that back-up boost of power when venturing off-grid.