About the Nordisk Svalbard 1 SI
The Nordisk Svalbard 1 SI tent combines a low pack weight with a small pack size and incredible wind resistance to deliver a highly practical hiking and trekking shelter.
Wind tested to 40.0 m/s (32.7 m/s is hurricane strength) the Svalbard is able to provide fantastic stability in poor weather conditions. The 40D Rip-Stop nylon flysheet features a double-sided, 3-layered silicone waterproof coating with specially designed folded seams and expanding threads that expand when wet to protect against water ingress. This offers a high level of waterproofing with increased tear resistance and UV protection. A 40D nylon groundsheet keeps the weight low with 10'000 mm PU waterproofing to keep ground moisture at bay.
The Svalbard tent pitches inner-first and can be pitched as a stand-alone shelter for warmer climes. Protected vents keep airflow constant while the breathable and water-resistant nylon inner reduces condensation and offers light rain protection.
Inside, you'll find room enough for one person plus kit, with a front vestibule providing space for a backpack and extra gear. A magnetic fly door offers quick closure while storage pockets keep smaller items close to hand.
When it comes to fast and light solo adventures, the Svalbard 1 SI tent gives you an innovative and robust design suitable for all campers and hikers. From hill walks to alpine treks, this is a performance shelter built with Nordisk's trademark quality to protect from the most hostile weather conditions.
- Use: 4-season | Trekking | Backpacking | Camping | Climbing
- Sleeps: One
- Vestibules: One
- Doors: One
- Pitch Type: Inner pitches first
- Flysheet Size: LxWxH : 275 x 125 x 105 cm
- Inner Tent Size: LxWxH : 265 x 115 x 100 cm
- Weight: 1700 g | 3 lb 7 oz
- Poles: DAC poles
- Head Height: 100 cm | 39.5"
- Packed Size: 15 x 45 cm | 5.9" x 17.5"
- Rainfly: Silicone treated 40D nylon rip-stop, 3000 mm waterproofing
- Inner: 40D nylon rip-stop
- Floor: PU treated 40D nylon, 10'000 mm waterproofing