Alpine 400 Women's Lightweight Down Sleeping Bag
About the Rab Alpine 400 Women's
With over 30 years of experience, Rab sleeping bags are built on tried and tested designs; crafted using the highest quality fabrics with an attention to detail that makes them a trusted name in outdoor equipment. Each Rab sleeping bag is designed, hand-filled, stitched and finished in Derbyshire UK.
Forming part of the Rab Alpine Series, the Women's Alpine 400 sleeping bag delivers a compact and lightweight design with a host of technical features for long-distance trekkers and alpinists looking to keep their gear carry to a minimum.
A lightweight and highly durable Pertex® Quantum shell fabric keeps the pack weight low while 400g of 650FP ethically sourced European duck down delivers highly compressible insulation for a travel-friendly pack size. Nikwax Hydrophobic Down treatment continues to insulate even when damp while maintaining loft 60 times longer than untreated down and drying 3 x faster - all without the use of PFCs. Down fill is held in trapezoidal box-wall chambers to maximise loft and warmth while eliminating cold spots.
The Alpine Series cuts out excess bulk thanks to a tapered mummy fit with an angled foot box to keep your feet warm but still allow for comfort and movement. A 3D down-filled neck collar and drawcord hood provide a snug fit to seal in the warmth while a 3-quarter length YKK main zip provides ease of access backed by a full-length down baffle to exclude draughts. An internal pocket lets you keep a torch or other smaller items close at hand.
When it comes to exploring the outdoors, the Rab Women's Alpine 400 gives you a high-performance sleeping bag well suited to high-mileage treks and mountaineering trips. With a pack weight of just 810g and a pocket-friendly price tag, this bag has been optimised for the fast-moving alpinist and hiker wanting a compact sleeping bag with a balance of low weight, warmth, and affordability.
- Weight-saving chevron baffle design on the upper torso, reduces down migration and optimises core warmth
- Trapezoidal box wall construction with differential cut, to maximise loft and warmth
- 3D shaped down-filled neck collar to seal in warmth
- YKK Anti-snag zip insert and anti-snag internal zip guard
- Rab® Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- RDS Certified
- YKK 3/4 length main zip with down-filled baffle to trap warmth
- Angled foot box
- Mummy taper shape
- YKK internal zipped stash pocket
- Includes compression sack & cotton storage sack
- Filled in Derbyshire UK
- Best Use: 3-Season camping | Hiking | Trekking | Climbing
- Insulation: 650FP R.D.S. Certified European Duck Down with Nikwax fluorocarbon-free Hydrophobic Finish
- Fill Weight: 400g | 14.1 oz
- Shape: Mummy
- Zip: Left Hand
- Total Weight: 810g | 28.6 oz
- Dimensions (Shoulder/Hip/Foot): 156 x 134 x 102 cm | 61.4" x 52.8" x 40.2"
- Max User Length: 170 cm | 67"
- Pack Size: 35 x 20 cm | 13.8" x 7.9"
- Shell: 20D Pertex® Quantum nylon ripstop (36gsm) with fluorocarbon-free DWR
- Lining: 20D Recycled Nylon (38gsm)
- Comfort Range: 30°F | -1°C
- Lower Limit: 19°F | -7°C
- Extreme (Risk Range): -13°F | -25°C
- Rab Sleep Limit: 25°F | -5°C
- Temperature Rating Guide