Location: Head Office, Watford / Remote WFH
A little about you
As Finance Director, you will play an integral role in the success of the company and its growth plans. As a finance professional, you will be familiar with the accounting and infrastructure issues and systems of high-volume, on-line consumer sales, including the processing of returned goods and the management and re-valuation of seasonal stock. You have in-depth experience of operating at board level to give expert advice, have the insight to understand how finance will impact the strategic plan and be able to lead a small team.
What we need:
In the beginning
• Work full time to carry out an intensive review to assess and improve existing finance systems and processes.
• Major review and some re-organisation of the processes used for the preparation of monthly management accounts and forecasts.
• This will be followed by an ongoing commitment of approximately one day per week- to include monthly presentation to the board.
• Ensure financial integrity at all times, given your thorough understanding of accounting procedures and key internal controls.
• Advise the board of the financial implications of the strategic plan and the key assumptions included in the annual budget.
• Monitor the company’s financial headroom and reporting on capital adequacy to the board in the context of the business plans and seasonal stock purchase programmes proposed by the operational management team.
• Manage year end reporting issues and interface with the external firm of accountants.
• Carry out the planning and introduction of new systems to handle VAT and of the international business, following the change of legislation associated with Brexit.
• Collaborate with the board on the planning and assessment of growth projects including; the expansion of the group’s existing distribution centre/subcontracting additional third party distribution capacity and the expansion into new market sectors.
• All other duties normally associated with the role of Finance Director in a privately owned limited company.
Work as part of the Senior Management team:
• Be responsible for the finance function as a whole.
• Manage the finance team, carry out annual appraisals and all other tasks associated.
• Ensure close interaction with the Managing Director.
• Report to the Board on a regular basis.
- • Qualified Accountant.
- • Confident communicator.
- • Able to influence at board level and non-finance stakeholders.
- • Extensive experience of budgeting/forecasting and maintaining financial controls.
- • Full compliance with regulatory requirements of HMRC and Companies House.
- • Be familiar with Google drive, dealing with HMRC, Xero.
- • Friendly, passionate and approachable demeanour
- • Have an excellent attention to detail.
- • Be able to meet deadlines.
To view our application procedure: Please Click Here
We can't wait to hear from you!