Our Mountain Sports shop is not like a traditional shop; we offer tailored one to one advice within our unique retail space at our HQ. You will be assisted by a product specialist who will help you navigate our product range and talk you through the best products for your needs. Once we have an idea of what you need, we will make some recommendations and then fetch the item from our warehouse for you to try on. From there, we will help you make a final decision on what works best for you.
We offer a ski and snowboard boot fitting service and we even have a mini climbing wall for you to test climbing shoes and harnesses. You get to choose from the biggest range of winter and mountain sports equipment in the UK (we have over 40,000 different products in stock) whilst receiving personal assistance, advice and support from one of our product specialists. You get all the same discounts and deals as online as well.
We offer a range of services for you to choose from:
• Our team of specialist ski boot fitters will help you find the best fitting ski boot
• We aim to find you the perfect balance between comfort and performance
• Fully customisable for a tailored fit
• Wide selection of boots to choose from in store
Snowboard Boot Fitting
• Our team of experienced boot fitters will provide a specialist service to find the correct and comfortable fit for you
• We will ensure that any fine tuning, adjusting and moulding is done to the highest standard
• Huge selection of brands to choose from in store
Custom Insole Moulding
• Insoles made to measure
• Get a truly custom fit
• Our experienced team can help you to find the right set up whether you like to ski on or off piste
• Advice and ski set ups for all ability levels
• We can also select bindings and boots that work as a full set up
Ski Binding Mounting
• Free ski binding mounting when you buy skis and bindings from us
• Low price fitting if you have bought them elsewhere
• Find out more about this service including pricing
• Our experienced team can help you to find the perfect snowboard set up, wherever you like to ride
• Advice and full snowboard set ups for all ability levels
• We also select boots and bindings to suit your board so that you get the most out of your equipment
• We're here to help you find the perfect fit, whether you're a skier, snowboarder or climber
• We will be on hand to ensure your helmet will provide you with the best level of protection
Climbing Shoe Consultation
• A consultation designed to help you find the perfect pair
• Advice tailored to your ability level and climbing style
• You can even test them out on our mini climbing wall, or test out a harness whilst attached to our climbing rope!
• Your preferred date and time, with a 2nd and 3rd choice just in case we're already booked
• A contact telephone number so that we can get in touch if your appointment time changes for any reason
• What you are looking to buy
• Your experience / ability level
We'll use this information to estimate the amount of time you'll need, and to allocate a product specialist tailored to your needs. The more you can let us know in advance, the better.
If you are unable to make it into our shop, our team of boot fitters are also now offering video consultations which you can Book Here.
Please fill out one of our appointment forms, and we will arrange a suitable time and date to call you.
During your appointment, our team can advise you on boots that you have purchased from us and talk you through how they should fit. We can also offer you advice before you make your purchase.
We look forward to chatting with you!
No Appointments Needed If...
If you simply want to:
• Return goods to our shop. First, you will need to have completed our Returns Form.
• Collect an order placed online, provided we have emailed you to let you know your order is ready for collection.
If you arrive without an appointment you can book one with our receptionist, however we can't guarantee that we will be able to accomodate you on the day.
Before Your Visit
Before you visit, these are our top tips to ensure the best shopping experience:
• Book an Appointment
• Set up Your Account before your visit because it will speed up the in-store checkout process
• Create a Wish List of the products you'd most like to see
• Conduct some research by browsing our Advice Centre
We are open for appointments on ski, snowboard and outdoor hardwear ONLY.
Almost everything is in stock but not quite everything. Here are the exceptions:
• All water sports products, which are warehoused at our facility in Wales. Sorry, no visitors at this location
• All products marked on the website as "Coming Soon". These products are available to buy on pre-order only
• Any product marked as being in stock in our satellite warehouse. These can be ordered in for you but are not warehoused in our Watford facility.
• We have sanitiser available and we ask that you please sanitise your hands as you enter the building.
• We will have screens in place at reception to further protect you as well as our staff.
• For collections we ask that you place your order online before you visit.
• We are accepting card payments ONLY, no cash.
• We are regularly cleaning all surfaces and touchpoints throughout the building.
If you have booked an appointment we will: