Business Almost as Usual
We are open for:
• Online Shopping
• Click & Collect
• Customer Returns in Person
• Will re-open on 1st September 2020
• Will be Covid Compliant
• You can Book an Appointment now!
• We are offering video appointments which you can Book Here.
• We have a social distancing policy in place to protect you as well as our staff, therefore we ask that you keep a 2m distance from one another.
• Our reception space is small! Therefore we will be letting one person or household in at a time to ensure your safety. Stickers will be placed on the floor to show you where to stand.
• We have sanitiser available and we ask that you please sanitise your hands as you enter the building.
• We will have screens in place at reception to further protect you as well as our staff.
• We ask that you place your order online before you visit, however if you wish to quickly add anything we will accept card payments only.
• We are regularly cleaning all surfaces and touchpoints throughout the building.
Please Book an Appointment Before Your Visit
Please Book Your Appointment by email and let us know:
• Your preferred date and time, with a 2nd and 3rd choice just in case we're already booked
• A contact telephone number so that we can get in touch if your appointment time changes for any reason
• What you are looking to buy
• Any specific products that you would like to try on or see
• Your experience / ability level
We'll use this information to estimate the amount of time you'll need, and to allocate a product specialist tailored to your needs. The more you can let us know in advance, the better.
Our team of boot fitters are also now offering video consultations!
We are currently unable to accommodate you in our shop whilst we work out how to welcome you back safely, however we are happy to say that we can now connect with you via video link from our HQ in Watford.
Please fill out one of our appointment forms, and we will arrange a suitable time and date to call you.
During your appointment, our team can advise you on boots that you have purchased from us and talk you through how they should fit. We can also offer you advice before you make your purchase.
We look forward to chatting with you!
No Appointments Needed If...
If you simply want to:
• Return goods to our shop. First, you will need to have completed our Returns Form please.
• Collect an order placed online, provided we have emailed you to let you know your order is ready for collection.
If you arrive without an appointment, we may still be able to serve you but depending on how busy we are, it is likely that you may have to wait. You can browse our website and create a wish list whilst you wait, and we also serve great coffee!
During Your Appointment
Our Mountain Sports Clinic is not like a traditional shop; we offer tailored one to one advice within our unique retail space at our HQ. You will shop online at a retail terminal, assisted by a product specialist who will help you navigate our website and talk you through our product selection. This way we can help you determine the best products for your needs. We have changing rooms and a ski and snowboard boot fitting service so you can try everything before you buy. We even have a mini climbing wall for you to test climbing shoes and harnesses. This gives you the best of both worlds - a traditional shop and the internet - because it means you get to choose from the biggest range of winter and mountain sports equipment in the UK (we have over 40,000 different products in stock) whilst receiving personal assistance, advice and support from one of our product specialists. You get all the same discounts and deals as online as well.
Before Your Visit
Before you visit, these are our top tips to ensure the best shopping experience:
• Book an Appointment
• Set up Your Account before your visit because it will speed up the in-store checkout process
• Create a Wish List of the products you'd most like to see
• Conduct some research by browsing our Advice Centre
• Log-in and transfer your wish list into your shopping basket via the click of a button
• Add or remove goods from your shopping basket, with the help of one of our specialist specialists
• Sit back, relax, watch a DVD and enjoy a cup of freshly ground coffee on us while we fetch your goods from our warehouse
• Try before you buy, talk to our experts and make sure you are happy with everything - we have changing rooms!
• Delete from your basket anything you don't want and checkout online in the usual way
• Please pay credit or debit card - we also accept cash
Our trained and experienced boot fitters have honed their skills in the dark arts of ski boot fitting over the years, not only here in the UK but also in ski resorts all over the world! Using their expertise they can navigate our boot range in order to find you the best fitting ski boot. Once the boot is selected we have a wide variety of tools such as custom footbeds allowing us to fine tune your boots giving you that truly custom fit. We believe that a boot can be comfortable all day and we aim to balance that fine line between comfort and performance. We understand that everyone has a slightly different desired fit depending on multiple factors such as ability level, preferred terrain and general foot shape.
If you would like the full attention of one of our specialist boot fitters, please book an appointment and let us know of any special requirements.
The Climbing Wall
If you are a climber, come try before you buy. Test your climbing shoes on our shop's mini climbing wall or test a harness whilst attached to our climbing rope.
We offer ski binding mounting, which is free when you buy skis and bindings from us. If you haven't, we should still be able to fit them for you at a low price - please include details of the make and model of your product when you book your appointment so that we can make sure that we have the correct equipment on hand. Please click here to find out more about this service including pricing.
Please note that we do not currently offer ski or snowboard servicing.
Almost everything is in stock but not quite everything. Here are the exceptions:
• All water sports products, which are warehoused at our facility in Wales. Sorry, no visitors at this location
• All products marked on the website as "Coming Soon". These products are available to buy on pre-order only
• Any product marked as being in stock in our satellite warehouse. These can be ordered in for you but are not warehoused in our Watford facility