Product ID: 232178
The Armada Tracer series is new and improved for 2020 and is now 12% lighter than the previous model! The crown jewel of the Tracer series the 98 has been designed as a ski that can truly take you anywhere. Light enough to tour, powerful enough to charge, wide enough to float and accessible enough to suit a variety of people - the 2020 Tracer 98 truly is a ski to take all over the mountain and into the backcountry.
With a 98mm waist width the Tracer sits comfortably in the ‘go anywhere’ section of width, narrow enough to be used in resort and tight couloirs and wide enough to float through powder fields. AR75 sidewalls give excellent edge hold and power transmission, so wherever you find yourself the Tracer 98 will give supreme hold on ice and hard snow. The Caruba core consists of lightweight wood running the length of the ski whilst a harder laminate is present underfoot, giving premium levels of agility and manoeuvrability without sacrificing on security or dampness. All mountain rocker give optimum float for powder and excellent levels of pivot to get you down tight couloirs or between trees.
A new and unique technology to Armada is the Adaptive Mesh, A variable angle weave optimizes vibration damping along the length of the ski to make the ski more damp, stable and tough without adding weight. In the ends of the ski, the weave runs nearly tip-to-tail, filtering chatter and tip bounce. Underfoot, the weave runs side-to-side, filtering vibration introduced through the edges either by ice, bumps and crud.
Having lots of new tech in a ski can sometimes be confusing, but the bottom line is that Armada have created a ski that can do it all. It is powerful whilst easy to engage, stable whilst light and lively and reliable yet exciting. You can take this ski all over the mountain and whether you ski aggressively and want something stable or you’re new to powder/touring and want something that is easy to engage the Tracer 98 is an awesome all mountain ski that is perfect for freetouring.
The 2020 Armada Tracer 98 feels at home all over the mountain and would be perfect for intermediates with high aspirations and advanced/expert skiers wanting something light to tour on that will still let them reap the benefits on the descent.
- AR75 Sidewalls - Sidewall throughout the ski resulting in superior edge hold, power transmission and shock absorption
- Caruba Core - A lighter core makes the ski easier to use but without sacrificing power and performance
- Adaptive mesh Mesh - A variable angle weave optimises vibration damping along the length of the ski to make the ski more damp, stable and tough without adding weight. In the ends of the ski, the weave runs nearly tip-to-tail, filtering chatter and tip bounce. Underfoot, the weave runs nearly side-to-side, filtering vibration
- 1.7 Impact Edge - The edges are heat treated to increase strength without affecting weight
- Comp Series Base - This is a high density, super fast base
- 3D Taper Top -Beveled edges reduce overall weight of the ski without compromising performance
- EST All Mountain Rocker - Rocker in the tip gives all mountain versatility, whilst camber underfoot keeps power and stability
- Designed For - 100% All Mountain/Touring
- Rider Profile - Intermediate / Advanced / Expert
- Camber Profile - Tip Rocker
- Base - Sintered
- Flex - Medium to Stiff
- Weight - 1800g Approx. per ski (180cm)
- Bindings - Not Included - Bindings available here
- Binding Mounting - Will need to be professionally Drill Mounted
- Condition - Brand new, factory waxed - Ready to Ride