Product ID: 225587
The 2020 Descendant 6 from Full Tilt boots is a versatile boot for crushing any and all freeski disciplines. From park laps to big lines, or just cruising around resort, the moderate 6 flex tongue can work well for a range of skiers. Similar to a 90 flex in the traditional scale, this will be an approachable flex for lighter or Intermediate skiers and works well as a soft flexing option for experienced riders looking to soften landings and throw buttery tricks with ease.
Full Tilt’s new Evolution shell offers the highest volume fit in their range, with a generous 102 millimetre last. It takes Full Tilt’s original 3-piece design and reshapes it to a wider fit, so those with larger feet can enjoy a high performance boot without sacrificing comfort. This shell design – comprised of lower shell, upper cuff and tongue – reduces shin bang and makes uncomfortable bite points a thing of the past. Power is transferred directly to the boot through the tongue, who’s ribbed design gives a natural progressive flex which doesn’t bottom out.
This shell also utilises a hybrid buckling system using Full Tilt's classic pressure-spreading cable system with more traditional buckle fastenings, allowing the wearer to shorten or lengthen the buckle and achieve a precise personal fit. The middle buckle is perfectly placed at an optimal 45 degree angle, right across the ankle, keeping the heel locked down right where it needs to be. This, combined with j-bar foam inserts in the liners, ensures that your feet stay put and ensure maximum responsiveness and control over your skis.
The Intuition Performer liners not only help to keep your feet in place, they’re guaranteed to keep your feet warm and comfortable, no matter the conditions. These liners are engineered to be as light weight as possible while offering manoeuvrability and retaining warmth. The closed cell foam naturally moulds to the wearers feet to create a real custom fit, making these some of the best liners on the market.
Like all Full Tilt boots, the Descendant 6 is easy to customise. The hallmark interchangeable ribbed tongue allows you to adjust the flex range of the boot at a moment’s notice. This boot comes with a medium/soft 6 flex tongue, but this can easily be swapped out for a softer one for jibby park sessions or a stiffer one for big mountain charging. You can also easily adjust the forward lean (4mm or 8mm) without tools.
If you're looking for all of the performance associated with Full Tilt boots in a wide fit and approachable flex, the Descendant 6 boot for 2020 could be the one for you.
- 3 Piece Construction: This construction of ski boot uses a seperate tongue which flexes without distortion or discomfort, resulting in direct energy transfer to the ski
- Interchangeable Tongue: Removable and replaceable tongues allow for different flexes on the same boot
- Infinite Pivot: Pivot from the rear cuff never bottoms out, moving with your calf for less shell distortion and more control
- Ladder Buckle System: Ladder buckles are easy to adjust for personalised fit and work in conjunction with cables to spread pressure evenly across the tongue.
- Shock Absorbing Bootboard: Soft rubber layer in the sole of the shell absorbs vibrations and impacts for a smooth ride and smooth landings
- Intuition Classic Liner: Intuition foam liners offer a super comfortable mouldable fit, performance feel and insulation
- Flex: 6 Flex Tongue / 90 - Medium/Soft
- Last Width: 102mm
- Liner: Intuition heat mouldable Performer liner
- Shell: Full Tilt Evolution heat mouldable shell
- Walk Mode: No
- Mountain Profile: Freestyle / All Mountain
- Ski Boot Sole Compatability: Bindings accepting alpine soles under ISO 5355
- Condition: Brand New