About the Burton Family Tree First Cut
The Burton Family Tree First Cut snowboard is a product of the highly sought-after Family Tree line. If you want big-mountain stability on steeper terrain then look no further.
Made using premium materials and a whole host of tech to keep it super floaty and poppy, the First Cut uses Burton's Channel system to keep you locked to the board. The Channel offers complete freedom for you to set up your angles and stance width with no restrictions. Burton tests The Channel to the limit and has proven that it can hold twice the amount of force that is set by the governing body.
With a crazy Super Fly 2™ Core, the First Cut creates a floaty, but snappy feel and the Dualzone EDG engineered wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edge in two continuous zones that are perpendicular to the core. This creates a super-strong core with all the response and edge hold that you need. Working alongside the Squeezebox tech makes it super snappy as the board is thicker at the top and bottom of each Channel to improve pop and keep a soft feel underfoot.
The First Cut utilises Burton's directional camber profile. This profile is the perfect balance of stability and manoeuvrability alongside the tapered 5mm Freeride Directional shape for quicker turn engagement.
To make sure you keep going and take to the skies, the First Cut comes with a full WFO sintered base which will keep you going good and fast all season.
This board is ideal for those pushing their big mountain riding onto steeper alpine terrain and variable snow thanks to its modest sidecut, a confident edge, and stable tail.
- Squeezebox - A wavy core which is thicker at the beginning and end of the channel which are the areas that take all the pressure when loading up on an ollie. The thickness adds more snap which will lead to a more responsive pop
- Sintered WFO base - The pores of the wood are larger meaning that it holds onto wax longer
- Balanced Freeride Geometry with Pro-Tip™ - Setback camber with your setback stance meaning it feels like a twin but rides like a directional. Pro-Tip™ trims the thickness in the tip and tail reducing weight
- Directional Shape - Designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while providing plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition
- 5mm Taper - Makes for quicker turn engagement, providing the feel and focus of a directional board without too much taper to impact your board when riding switch
- Directional Flex - Features increased pop in the tail and a more resilient nose that allows riders to easily maintain control through all terrain and conditions
- Super Fly II 700G Core - Uses stronger and lighter woods to provide pop and strength while reducing overall weight; Dualzone EGD engineered wood grain positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones perpendicular to the core for more edge-hold, response, and strength
- Triax Fiberglass - Provides versatile flex and response for everything from mini to mega shred
- The Channel® Board Mount - Designed to help dial-in the perfect stance and is compatible with all major bindings
- Infinite Ride™ - Overbuilding the board and then using a machine to break the board in meaning its ready to ride as soon as you get it and will last season after season
- Rider Profile: Intermediate to Advanced
- Mountain Profile: All Mountain
- Camber Profile: Camber
- Shape: Directional 5mm taper
- Base: Sintered WFO
- Flex: Medium - Stiff
- Condition: Brand New - Factory waxed
- Binding Compatibility: Requires bindings compatible with EST/ICS mounting system. Most bindings are compatible although some may require a conversion disc.