About the Salewa Sierra Leone 2
Salewa's best-selling tent for over 25 years, the Sierra Leone 2 Tent + Footprint delivers a cutting-edge design for alpine trekking and hiking.
The Sierra Leone 2 has undergone rigorous testing to ensure every component can withstand the challenges of a mountain environment. A self-supporting design gives you a huge benefit when pitching on rockier terrain or areas with limited space with a speed setup solution that pitches as one for time-sensitive situations. Semi-geodesic pole architecture and extended guy lines create a sturdy design tested to withstand winds of up to 100km/h. The Sierra Leone can be pitched using the fly only as a standalone shelter where conditions allow.
The modified dome design offers generous amounts of internal space with an optional extended length to accommodate taller users that can be shortened for added vestibule space. A double-wall construction features a ripstop polyamide flysheet with 3000mm of water-resistance and a durable 5000mm ripstop floor.
Inside, there's room enough for 2-persons with front and rear doors and vestibules providing hassle-free access and gear storage options. Ventilation is provided by two zippered kickstand vents for regulated airflow and moisture management. A repair kit allows you to fix minor rips and tears on the go while the included footprint helps extend the life of your groundsheet, providing an extra layer of protection from groundwater, mud, rocks and other debris.
The Sierra Leone II Tent gives you a spacious and innovative alpine shelter designed for alpine hikers and mountaineers looking for a practical, lightweight tent for 3-season adventures.
- Semi-geodesic double-wall design for mountaineering & trekking
- Two entrances for hassle-free access
- Windspeed approved to 100km/h
- Self supporting construction
- Vestibule extension solution for added room
- Extended guyline webbing for greater stability
- Cord locks for efficient line organisation
- Nylon hooks for fixing the fly even in cold conditions
- Zipper with anti-catch flap
- Rain guidance at entrance
- Different door opening options
- Door storage pockets
- Includes basic repair set
- Minmalist fast pitching solution (using only fly)
- Includes footprint
- Use: 3-Season | Backpacking | Alpine Trekking | Mountaineering
- Sleeps: Two
- Vestibules: Two
- Doors: Two
- Style: Pitches as one
- Weight Max: 3.25 kg | 7 lbs 2 oz
- Weight Min: 2.9 kg | 6 lbs 6 oz
- Weight (Footprint): 0.35 kg | 13 oz
- Poles: 4 x 7001 T6 Aluminium, 8.5mm
- Pegs: 15 x Y-Pegs Aluminium 14.5 cm
- Height: 106 cm | 41.7"
- Packed Size: 40 x 20 cm | 15.7" x 7.8"
- Packed Size (Footprint): 9 x 22.5 cm | 3.5" x 9"
- Rainfly: 50D PU coated polyester ripstop, 3000mm hydrostatic head
- Mesh Type: 20D Nylon Ripstop with mesh & mosquito net entrance
- Floor Fabric: 70D PU coated nylon ripstop, 5000mm HH
- Footprint Fabric: 70D Nylon Tafetta