Packaging & Recycling
Some of the things we do to minimise waste and to be as green as possible:
- We re-use cardboard. We receive hundreds of cardboard boxes when we take in stock from our suppliers. Rather than binning them, we re-use these boxes to despatch customer orders. This means that your goods may arrive in a cardboard box slightly too big or looks different to the item you have ordered.
- We re-use packaging and waste materials such as plastic bags, packing peanuts, polystyrene and more as void filler to protect your items.
- Any boxes which are too battered for us to re-use, we recycle.
- We do not 'overwrap' parcels we despatch to you. We rely heavily on the original packaging materials provided by the manufacturer which 99.999% of the time are perfectly adequate for post or courier delivery.
- We do not wrap up snowboards prior to despatching. Instead we either give you a free snowboard bag (or one of your choice at 50% off RRP). This saves using tonnes of bubble wrap and cardboard and gives you a nice bag which you can use and re-use many times over.
- We offer a similar kind of deal for wakeboards and skis.
- We switch our lights off at the end of the day!
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive
When you purchase any electrical or electronic product from The Boarding Company limited, the sale is subject to The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive. Under this directive, the Boarding Company Limited is pleased to offer it's customers a free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us. Customers must return their like-for-like WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item. Customers shall be responsible for all take-back delivery charges. Alternatively, you may prefer to simply take your old electrical products to your nearest recycling centre. This will save you the return delivery charge and reduce your carbon footprint still further.