About the Slingfin Crossbow 2 4-Season
The Slingfin Crossbow 2 Four-Season tent combines a premium ultralight design with exceptional strength-to-weight ratio for year-round camping adventures.
The lightest alpine-ready tent in the Slingfin range, the Crossbow 2 4-Season features ultralight ripstop nylon fabrics with silicone waterproof treatment for a balance of low pack weight and weatherproofing with a breathable nylon inner canopy for added protection and patented WebTruss and OutRigger systems for handling harsh weather conditions.
Unique to Slingfin, the WebTruss lets you pitch the CrossBow easily in high winds. Unlike standard pole sleeves, which can lead to pole breakage when pitched in windy conditions, the WebTruss lets you fully set up and tension the pole structure before clipping the tent body to the poles. The WebTruss system lets you set the pole frame in place before pitching while also delivering a greater degree of strength for weight than traditional clip-style tents. Redesigned WebTruss clips make leaving the WebTruss attached to the tent easier than ever before for added convenience. The Crossbow can also be pitched using the DAC Twist Clips (included) instead of the WebTruss in less extreme conditions for a lower pack weight.
A cross-pole design adds extra structural integrity while the innovative OutRigger system lets you attach your trekking/ski poles as additional uprights for further stability against harsh winds or snow loading. A pre-installed internal guyline system can also be utilised letting you tension and stabilise the tent without venturing outside in poor weather.
The freestanding dome is easy to pitch with room enough for two people and gear. The two entrance design features redesigned doors with a larger shape for hassle-free access for both occupants with a vestibule on either side for added storage. The Crossbow features two sets of door panels with an outer ripstop panel to protect against dust and spindrift. In milder conditions, the ripstop door can be rolled back to expose the interior mesh door for added ventilation and to protect against bugs.
The updated design also features numerous venting options including a through-vent in the fly and tent body with both mesh and ripstop options for buggy conditions. Also, the number of pockets has been doubled to keep gear organised and smaller items close to hand.
Slingfin uses only the finest-grade fabrics and materials in their shelters. The updated design uses a lightweight 20D nylon ripstop rainfly and features a double-sided silicone treatment to deliver reliable and long-lasting rain protection. A 15D ripstop for the inner canopy features additional DWR. Floor fabric is 20D nylon ripstop with high-grade PE waterproof treatment to 1800mm HH. Poles are the new, larger-diameter DAC 10.65mm PL delivering one of the best strength-to-weight ratios of any pole on the market.
The Crossbow Footprint (available separately) boosts protection to your tent's floor. The tub footprint (sold separately) lets you pitch the Crossbow without an inner canopy in bug-free conditions for an even lighter 2-season shelter. When added to the Crossbow 2 Four-Season, these products combine to turn your CrossBow into a one tent quiver.
The Crossbow 2 Four-Season tent combines a spacious interior and low pack-weight with a highly-stable design and premium fabrics to deliver a capable alpine tent that's perfect for backcountry ski tours, mountaineering, and fast and light alpine climbing. With its dust-proof canopy fabric and superb wind resistance, the CrossBow Four-Season also makes a great tent for desert camping.
- Roomy 2P tent for year-round use
- Breathable ripstop body blocks wind, spindrift, dust, & sand
- WebTruss adds strength & makes high-wind setup a breeze
- WebTruss can be switched out with included DAC twist clips for ~3oz weight savings
- Through-vents on fly & tent body facilitate airflow
- Tent body through-vent has separate mesh & ripstop layers for buggy conditions
- Kickstand vents on vestibule doors provide unrestricted cross-breeze for condensation management
- Double dry entry
- OutRigger attachment uses your trekking poles to strengthen tent under high winds & heavy snow loads
- Pre-installed internal guylines
- Mesh door vents allow venting even when it's buggy
- Spacious vestibules offer plenty of gear storage space
- Toggles connect fly to poles at guy points for stability
- Internal ceiling o-rings for gear hanging
- Eight internal pockets for endless organizational potential
- Use: 4-season Camping | Alpine | Backpacking | Climbing
- Sleeps: 2
- Vestibules: 2
- Doors: 2
- Floor Area: 32 sq ft | 2.97 m²
- Vestibule Area: 11 sq ft x 2 | 1.02 m² x 2
- Packed Weight: 2.38 kg | 5 lbs 4 oz
- Trail Weight: (with WebTruss) 1.94 kg | 4 lbs 4.5 oz
- Minimum Trail Weight: (with DAC Twist Clips) 1.84 kg | 4 lbs 1 oz
- Poles: 3 DAC PL 10.65mm
- Pegs: DAC J-Stakes x 14
- Guylines: 10
- Floor Length: 234 cm | 92"
- Floor Width: 127 cm | 50"
- Tent Body Volume: 58.6 cu ft
- Vestibule Volume: 50 cu ft
- Interior Height: 105.4 cm | 41.5"
- Packed Size: 35.5 x 15 cm | 14" x 6"
- Rainfly: 20D Nylon Ripstop Sil/Sil 1500mm
- Inner: 15D Nylon Ripstop DWR
- WebTruss: 20D Nylon Ripstop PE 1800mm
- Floor Fabric: 20D Nylon Ripstop SIL/PE 1800mm