Location: Head Office, Watford WD24 4YW
A little about you
As a Merchandiser you will support the Head of Merchandising in all aspects of the merchandising function. You will be focused on creating, optimising, and delivering plans for supplier ordering, stock replenishment which results in the right amount of stock in the right place at the right time.
You will Support the Head of Merchandising to ensure that the B&M function is effectively controlled within the agreed business strategy, and that all necessary frameworks, controls and skill sets are in situ to enable the necessary degree of both long-term planning and in season trading to maximise business performance.
- Works with the buyer to deliver a commercial assortment that maximises sales and margin and aligns with the business strategy.
Responsible, with the Buyer, for delivering strategic KPIs as well as sales and margin targets.
Develops and successfully utilises appropriate planning tools to forecast sales, stock, profit by SKUs for each season.
Analyses with Buyer, all performance against plan taking appropriate action to maximise sales and profit and reduce stock holding whilst increasing stock turn.
Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability.
Deliver cost effective supply solutions and achieve maximum full price sales and planned margin.
Review, propose and implement mark-down activity to reduce terminal stock whilst analysing action taken on mark-downs to maximise profit.
Communicate trading issues and forecasts with proposed actions.
Range Building and Planning
- Works with the Buyer on seasonal budgeting, promotional planning, and clearance.
Evaluate market and customer information together with historical data and forward trends to develop the department’s phased plans.
Present the range for review for senior management agreement.
Continuously monitor market activity, through regular competitor shop visits, gathering market intelligence from a wide variety of sources to take appropriate commercial action.
Establish a critical path for development and delivery of all product ranges.
Agree and deliver promotional and marketing plans, optimising sales and profit.
- Manage the intake of stock in line with agreed stock levels.
Coordinate’s production plans and warehouse communications.
Plan availability schedule for new and continuity product.
Ensuring commitment is managed in line with needs.
Monitor and manage the availability of stock:
by ensuring planned launch and replenishment dates are met and sales and stock are potentialised through production planning.
managing the delivery of stock from supplier’s vs the orders
managing terminal stock
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers.
Analyse Suppliers’ delivery performance and, in conjunction with the Buyer, take appropriate actions.
- Contribute to future supplier strategies.
- Ensure compliance with Human Resources Policies and Procedures including the Equal Opportunities Policy
Ensure effective communication at all levels.
Encourage an environment of open communication within the team and the building of effective cross functional relationships.
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience as a Senior Assistant Merchandiser or Junior Merchandiser
- Proven track record of successful stock management, range planning and forecasting.
- Confident in dealing with different stakeholders across a business.
- Excellent communication skills both externally and internally, written and verbal.
- Must be very highly confident in using google sheet
- Enthusiastic, confident, and self-motivated.