Please Make an Appointment by email and let us know:
• Your preferred date and time, with a 2nd and 3rd choice just in case we're already booked
• A contact telephone number so that we can get in touch if your appointment time changes for any reason
• What you are looking to buy
• Any specific products that you would like to try on or see
• Your experience / ability level
We'll use this information to estimate the amount of time you'll need and to allocate a product specialist tailored to your needs, so the more you can let us know in advance, the better.
We have introduced shopping by appointment because, despite a 400% increase in the size of our shop, we have been overwhelmed by the number of visitors and we want to give the best possible personal service to all customers. This appointment system means that our product specialists can give you full attention and all the technical advice that you need.
No Appointments Needed
• If you would like to return goods to our shop. First, you will need to have completed our Returns Form.
• If collecting an order placed online, provided we have emailed you to let you know your order is ready for collection.
If you arrive without an appointment, we may still be able to serve you but depending on how busy we are, it is likely that you may have to wait. You can browse our website and create a wish list whilst you wait, and we also serve great coffee!
Our Shop is a Cyber Shop
Our shop is not a traditional shop; it is a cyber shop. You will shop online at a retail terminal assisted (should you wish) by one the Absolute Team who will help you navigate our website and pick the products best suited to your needs. We have changing rooms and a ski and snowboard boot fitting service so you can try everything before you buy. We even have a mini climbing wall for you to test climbing shoes and harnesses. Our cyber shop gives you the best of both worlds - a traditional shop and the internet - because it means you get to choose from the biggest range of winter and mountain sports equipment in the UK (we have over 40,000 different products in stock) whilst receiving personal assistance, advice and support from one of our product specialists. You get all of the choice, discounts and deals available on the internet as well. What you do not get is a shop with clothes out on rails because, if we were to attempt this with our huge product range, our shop would need to be the size of a Tesco Extra, which is simply not viable. If you ever saw inside our warehouse, you'd appreciate the issue!
This is what some of our customer have said:
"Out of This World"
Speedy Happy Shopping
Before you visit, these are our top tips to ensure the best shopping experience:
• Book an Appointment
• Set up Your Account before your visit because it will speed up the in-store checkout process
• Create a Wish List of the products you'd most like to see
• Conduct some research by browsing our Advice Centre
• Log-in and transfer your wish list into your shopping basket via the click of a button
• Add or remove goods from your shopping basket, with the help of one of our specialist advisers
• Sit back, relax, watch a DVD and enjoy a free cup of fresh ground coffee while we fetch your goods from our warehouse
• Try before you buy, talk to our experts and make sure you are happy with everything - we have changing rooms!
• Delete from your basket anything you don't want and checkout online in the usual way
• Please pay credit or debit card - we accept cash but it really is a bit of a pain and slows things down
Specialist Ski and Snowboard Boot Fitting
Our trained and experienced boot fitters have honed their skills in the dark arts of ski boot fitting over the years, not only here in the UK but also in ski resorts all over the world! Using their expertise they can navigate our boot range in order to find you the best fitting ski boot. Once the boot is selected we have a wide variety of tools such as custom footbeds allowing us to fine tune your boots giving you that truly custom fit. We believe that a boot can be comfortable all day and should be like an extension of your leg, we aim to balance that fine line between comfort and performance. We understand that everyone has a slightly different desired fit depending on multiple factors such as ability level, preferred terrain and general foot shape.
If you would like the full attention of one of our specialist boot fitters, please book an appointment and let us know of any special requirements.
We are in Watford
Our cyber shop is
• Just off the M1 (jct 5) or M25 (jct 20)
• 16 minutes by fast train from London Euston - inside Oyster Card Zone 5
• 5 minutes walk from Watford Junction Station
• 10 minutes by car from the Hemel Snow Centre
If you are a climber, come try before you buy. Test your climbing shoes on our shop's mini climbing wall or test a harness whilst attached to our climbing rope.
We stock all the big brand market leaders plus hundreds of micro brands, often specialising in a single products and truly the best in their field. With over 400 brands and over 40,000 different products to choose from, we offer more choice than any other shop in Europe. Checkout our list of Brands.
We carry a wide range of footwear for all seasons and sports. From simple canvas skate style shoes to waterproof, durable and breathable hiking boots. Take home specially designed footwear for everything from lightweight summer trails to cold winter mountain hikes.
Interactive Melon Goggle Selector
Use the touch screen display to select your perfect combination of goggle frame, goggle lens and goggle strap.
Not Everything Is In Stock!
Almost everything is in stock but not quite everything. Here are the exceptions:
• All water sports products, which are warehoused at our facility in Wales. Sorry, no visitors at this location.
• All products marked on the website as "Coming Soon". These products are available to buy on pre-order only.
• Any product marked as being in stock in our satellite warehouse. These can be ordered in for you but are not warehoused in our Watford facility.